Local planning authorities e-notifications
If you are a local planning authority and want to notify us electronically, here's what you need to know
Whether electronic or paper, all notifications need to contain sufficient information to allow us to give a substantive reply.
Like English Heritage, we have adopted the PARSOL standards for e-consultation (see the Planning Portal website), but you should particularly bear in mind the following:
- CDs/DVDs should come with a clear index
- Each file should be named to make clear its identity
- Documents should be scanned to at least 300dpi
- Subject line of an email should contain the application number and the site name
- Email notifications should give a direct link to the application and supporting information on your website, and NOT just to the home page or planning home page
We work to a 28-day consultation period or to a negotiated deadline: this has been confirmed with the DCLG. If you require an earlier response, you should negotiate with our conservation advisers.
If you would like to notify us electronically, please send notifications by email to email@example.com.